Robert Pattinson, gay survey, murder suspect
“Bel Ami” vs. Bel Ami, huge HRC survey of LGBT teens paints picture, Canada’s porn “cannibal” investigated for Hollywood dismemberments, gay suicide’s dad helps other bullied teens, teacher quits over gay video shown to class, and more LGBT headlines.
• Dad fights for bullied gay teens after son’s suicide. Steve Fehr’s (top photo, left) 17-year-old son Jeffrey (center) committed suicide on New Year’s Day. Now he’s telling their story in hopes of helping other gay kids see beyond the bullying.
• HRC: LGBT teens less likely to be happy. A stark reality reveals itself in the survey of over 10,000 American teens. LGBT youth are twice as likely to be physically assaulted, and 37 percent report being happy vs. nearly 70 percent of their straight peers. Read the full HRC study.
• How much would you pay to hear Rick Santorum speak? The former presidential candidate and outspoken anti-gay bigot is testing out a career as a paid speaker, and he’s getting up to $50,000 for each appearance.
• Porn “cannibal” suspected in Hollywood homicide case. Detectives in Los Angeles are probing the possibility that gay porn wannabe Luka Magnotta (middle photo), arrested on charges of killing and chopping up his ex in Canada, could be connected to an unsolved murder in Hollywood Hills earlier this year.
• Teacher resigns over gay sex YouTube video. Jose Rosario-Gonzalez, 53, a ninth-grade social studies teacher in Florida accused of having a video titled “Gay Threesome Sex” appear on a projector in front of his class resigned this week rather than face termination.
• Did an on-base lesbian military wedding break the law? Two women committed to each other at Fort Polk in Louisiana on Wednesday in its Army chapel. Since Louisiana doesn’t recognize same-sex marriage, two Republican Congress members are crying foul.
• Comparing Robert Pattinson’s “Bel Ami” to gay porn’s Bel Ami. In this hilarious side-by-side comparison of the movie hitting theaters Friday (bottom photo) and the gay video company, they’re more alike than you might think.
• Catch up on the whole week of LGBT national news in our weekday Afternoon Headline Rambles.
Fehr family photo via Advocate; Magnotta mugshot from AP; Pattinson photo via Magnolia Pictures
blog comments powered by Disqus