Wednesday: 30 gay things to do in Atlanta today
No day but today. Make the most of it with LGBT gatherings that glance back and look ahead. Kick off Black Gay Pride, and enjoy concerts, game nights, theme parties or many more opportunities.
• Remember the time. Traxx co-owner Durand Robinson memorial service & repass (top photo), 11 a.m. and 1 p.m., plus the Black Gay Pride Candlelight Vigil for friends lost @ First MCC, 7 p.m.
• Athletes in motion. Go for a Wednesday Run with Front Runners Atlanta, 6:30 p.m., or join the Dixie Dyno’mos for Rock Climbing @ Stone Summit, 7 p.m.
• Good talk. Young LGBTs split up by age group for the weekly Teen Forum & Young Adult Forum @ YouthPride, 6:30 p.m.
• Dynamic duo. Lesbian twins Tegan and Sara (middle photo) open for Paramore in concert @ Gwinnett Arena, 6:30 p.m.
• Game time. Texas Hold’em Poker @ Mixx, 7 p.m., Team Trivia @ Las Margaritas, 7:30 p.m., Crazy Bitch Bingo @ Joe’s, 8 p.m., and Trivia @ Woofs, 8 p.m.
• May the best man win. “Pageant: The Musical” @ 14th Street Playhouse, 8 p.m. Read our preview.
• Black Gay Pride Nightlife. The Tease-Her w/Girls In the Night @ Straits, 9 p.m., Kiss the DJ w/TraxxGirls @ ER Lounge, 10 p.m., Peach Fever with “Lovers and Friends” cast (third photo) @ iLounge, 10 p.m., and Wild Out Wednesday with Wassup N ATL @ Door 44, 10 p.m.
• Sing, sing a song. Make it Spotlight Karaoke @ Bellissima, 8 p.m., or Karaoke Idol w/ Shavonna B. Brooks @ Burkhart’s, 11 p.m.
• Videodrome. Wicked Wednesday ‘80s Videos (bottom photo) @ Oscars, 8 p.m., and Comedy Videos @ Mixx, 9 p.m.
• Two words. Honey Pot @ Mary’s, 8 p.m., Punk Rock @ the Eagle, 9 p.m., and Dress Code @ the Heretic, 10 p.m.
• Drag it out. Fantasy Girls @ Jungle, 9 p.m., and Rated R Burlesque with Lady Shabazz @ Blake’s, 11 p.m.
There are even more gay things to do on today’s Gay Agenda. View the full list on Project Q Atlanta’s interactive community calendar. You can also submit your own events.
blog comments powered by