Gay NFL, parent study, ENDA, boy band parody
Texans star linebacker backs gays in the locker room, study finds kids of gay parents worse off, ENDA Senate hearings underway, Clinton backs gay White House aide for Congress, gays send up One Direction video, and more LGBT headlines.
• Clinton endorses gay former aide’s Congressional bid. Former President Bill Clinton (top photo) throws his full support behind his back-in-the-day White House staffer Sean Patrick Maloney, who is running for a New York seat in the U.S. House.
• Study: Kids with gay parents worse off. Contradicting many past reports that children with same-sex parents do as well or better than other kids, a study widely reported as more comprehensive says there are major downsides. Other scientists discount the results.
• Senate hearings hope to keep ENDA alive. The bill gets a transgender witness in Tuesday’s hearings. Though ultimate results that ban gay and trans employment discrimination are not expected, advocates say the hearings keep the matter in the public eye. Here’s how the testimony is going as of noon.
• Gay NFL players would be “welcomed with open arms.” Texans star linebacker and bear magnet Connor Barwin (middle photo) says straight players care more “about what kind of person they are, what kind of teammate they are and how good they are at helping us win.”
• Gay couples more likely to influence each other. In a heterosexual marriage, women usually play health police. A new study says gay and lesbian couples are more likely to mutually influence—for better or for worse – hygiene, diet and other health habits.
• Miami police now looking into “gay porn ‘cannibal.’” A week after Canadian porn wannabe Luka Rocco Magnotta was arrested on charges of killing and dismembering an ex, police in Florida join Los Angeles detectives in wanting a closer look at the suspect for similar unsolved crimes.
• Anti-gay Muslim NYPD candidate files bias suit. An academy reject says the police department discriminated him for his religious views that homosexuality is wrong. What he did was check “yes” to the question: “Do you believe that homosexuals should be locked up?”
• Big gay boy band parody: “What Makes You Homosexual.” Catching and riding an online video meme wave, a group of gays called One Orientation turns out this lighthearted send up of boy band One Direction’s hit “What Makes You Beautiful.”
Watch, then compare it to the original:
Clinton photo via Daily News; Barwin photo from Outsports; One Orientation photo via YouTube
blog comments powered by Disqus