Jessie J, Gay Games, Mr. Gay World’s pickle
Biography claims lesbian singer sent into bisexual closet, 2014 Gay Games ready to open registration, Mr. Gay World slams effeminate gay men, North Carolina Democrat’s gay sex scandal, NOM blames Romney donation leak on IRS, and more LGBT headlines.
• Damning letter surfaces in North Carolina Dems sex scandal. A letter detailing a former employee’s allegations against state Democratic Party director Jay Parmley (top photo) details sexual harassment from unwanted touching to a penis photo.
• Study: Gay marriage low on U.S. voter priority list. It wasn’t even close in a Pew Center survey, only 24 percent of voters – including many gay ones – said the issue was a “very influential” factor in their vote, the lowest of 20 issues listed. Compare that to economy, jobs and healthcare at 86, 84 and 76 percent. respectively.
• Could AIDS drug already in use be a preventative? A California study will test protease inhibitor Truvada as a daily dose to ward off HIV. Truvada doses in a 2010 study decreased infection risk by 44-73 percent depending on how often it was taken.
• New book: Jessie J is gay, not bisexual. In the unauthorized biography “Who’s Laughing Now? The Jessie J Story,” the author claims that Pop’s latest It Girl (middle photo) was openly lesbian until her label told her to claim she’s bisexual because it’s more “trendy.”
• NOM now directly blames Obama administration for leaking Romney donation. The HRC published National Organization for Marriage tax records showing a contribution from the presidential candidate weeks ago. NOM now blames an IRS insider for the breach and says an investigation is underway.
• Almost time to start registering for 2014 Gay Games. The Cleveland committee for the event says that their well-oiled machine should have online registration for some 30 events up and running in about two weeks.
• Mr. Gay World wants to erase image of effeminate gay men. Oh yes he did. Newly crowned hunk Andreas Derleth (bottom photo, view more) is catching heat for saying his platform includes wiping away “the image of us [gay men] running around with handbags” and other behaviors that “scare people away.”
• Vatican scolds American nuns for “radical” views. Catholic headquarters reprimanded the largest group of nuns in the U.S. on Wednesday, saying the sisters promoted “radical feminist themes incompatible with the Catholic faith” and remained too “silent” on same-sex marriage.
Parmley photo by AP; Jessie J photo from Vigilanti Citizen; Derleth photo via Queerty
blog comments powered by Disqus