Madonna sued, gay ‘Days’ plot, Boy Scouts
A $10 million Russian lawsuit claims Madonna concert caused emotional damage, “Days of Our Lives” to open anti-gay hate crime storyline, Boy Scouts force out gay dad, Calvin Klein’s boy toy spills dirt, will stipulates gay son marry woman, and more LGBT headlines.
• Boy Scouts force out gay dad, leader. Greg Bourke (top photo) was an assistant scoutmaster for his son’s Louisville, Ky., troop until he was forced to resign because he is gay. He remains a parent leader of his daughter’s troop in the Girl Scouts, which does not have a ban on gay members or leaders.
• Dad’s last will tells gay son to marry a woman. Manhattan businessman Frank Mandelbaum died in 2007, but his inheritance money is alive and available to his son’s offspring – if the son marries the child’s mother within six months of the kid’s birth. Robert Mandelbaum and his partner are in court arguing that their legal marriage makes their baby eligible for the cash.
• Madonna sued for $10.5M for gay support in Russia. The singer with a knack for getting attention (second photo) condemned St. Petersburg’s ban on “gay propaganda” from the stage and passed out pink wristbands on her MDNA tour stop. An attorney says concertgoers suffered “psychological stress and emotional shock” from her “promotion” of homosexuality.
• Proposed California ban on “gay cure” therapy heads toward passage. The bill would bar therapists in the state from offering “reparative therapy” for homosexuality to people under age 18. The full legislature is expected to pass it by the end of August.
• Calvin Klein’s former boy toy writing tell-all. Ex-porn star Nick Gruber and his antics haven’t been the best publicity for the clothing magnate. The public may get the most details yet of their two-year relationship (third photo) as Gruber announces plans for a book dishing the dirt.
• Nina Simone biopic to focus on love affair with gay man. The singer’s daughter is questioning the love story in the film because the man depicted as her mother’s lover was actually gay and just a friend. The daughter says that makes the unauthorized movie wholly inaccurate.
• “Days of Our Lives” debuts gay bullying storyline. The NBC soap stalwart soap will have Freddie Smith’s Sonny Kiriakis (bottom photo) attacked for being gay on Wednesday’s episode.
• Patrick Schwarzenegger joins Gaga’s Born This Way Foundation. The 18-year-old son of former governator and Maria Shriver is the face of the anti-bullying organization’s back-to-school campaign of tolerance and acceptance. Gaga swayed the young Schwarzenegger with her commitment to the cause. Watch:
Bourke photo by AP; Madonna photo from Nine MSN; Klein photo by New York Daily News; Smith photo via Chicago Pride
blog comments powered by Disqus