10 Worst Pick Up Lines and why they don’t work
When #10WorstPickUplines trended on Twitter for hours on Monday, we compiled the most popular and got to thinking. When was being cliché or obnoxious the way to a gay man’s heart or into his pants?
Maybe you’re shy. Perhaps you’re just looking for a conversation starter. Most likely, you’re drunk. But even if you’re tempted to use pick up lines due to a lack of confidence at Atlanta’s gay bars, by our analysis of the Twitter trend, you’re just coming off arrogant at best or desperate at worst. Hint: That’s the opposite of boyfriend material or even fuck buddy.
Even with a few too many drinks, you’re probably cleverer than “Have we met before?” or “Do you come here often?” But nine times out of 10, you’re still destined to fail. On the one occasion you do succeed, you’ll be lucky to wake up the next day with all of your vital organs intact.
Your friends might think your lines are hilarious or laugh at even your most pathetic and unoriginal approaches. Well, that’s what friends are for. So let’s laugh and roll our eyes together at some of Twitter’s #10WorstPickUplines. It’ll help put a finer point on keeping them among friends and out of your repertoire to make sure someone’s next hashtag isn’t #EpicFail about you.
• The word of the day is “ass.” Let’s go to your place and spread the word.
• If your left leg was Christmas and your right one New Years, could I visit you between the holidays?
• Hey I just realized this, but you look a lot like my next boyfriend.
• Great legs. What time do they open? (See: Nice ass. What time does it open?)
• Do you work at Subway? Because you’re giving me a foot long.
• Nice pants. They’d look even better on my floor.
• I have Skittles in my mouth. Do you wanna taste the rainbow?
• You have 206 bones in your body. Want one more?
• I’m an astronaut, and my next mission is exploring Uranus.
• Get in the van!
What are the worst pick up lines someone’s tried on you? Did you ever hear one that actually worked? Leave them in the comments section below.
blog comments powered by Disqus